Saturday, September 20, 2008

Indian Summer

Experiencing very warm days (~30 celsius) this past week.

Cool mornings with icy barefeet as I hang out my laundry but hot afternoon with crisp warm clothing, from sunshine and wind, coming in armloads off the line.

I love this time of year. It seems to have come upon us so suddenly this season. I feel like we hardly had a summer at all. Already the leaves are turning orange and yellow and red and fluttering to the ground.

And I am ambitious to do my fall cleaning and organizing. I completed half my house yesterday and hope to finish the other half today.

Then its outside to tidy up the garden and rake leaves. Perfect picture oppertunities!

I love the bright colors in fall nature pictures.Hope to do more of this this season... walking with my "men" in the coulees.
....And campfires in the evening with marmallows roasting and melting in mouths.

What are your favorite things about "Indian Summer"?

Have a beautiful autumn day! :)

1 comment:

  1. Oooo I can't wait to get home now! To feel the crisp wind and hear it blowing through the tall grass on the dyke... it is hot and sweaty here and I am looking forward to cuddling under thick warm blankets at home instead of sweating under a thin sheet. Home really is the most comforting place on earth. my fav. part of Indian summer is probally the suddeness and surprise of it coming. and the colors of nature are so warm in the fall. missing canada

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and read each and every one... thank you!