Wednesday, October 15, 2008

On Being Together

I love the fact that I can be at home with my children.

Today was a wonderfully full day at home in which the boys and I tidied up together, read together, home schooled together and did yard work together. The weather was gorgeous and I am so thankful for being able to spend this time with my boys while they are still young and willing workers.

Just a cute thing that the boys did today:

We have a large patch of tall weeds that are dried up but still standing where our vegetable garden should have been (needless to say, our vegetable's didn't do very well this year *wink*) and the boys found out that they could make trails within them and little "huts" to live. They played for a longtime this afternoon amongst these weeds and I so enjoyed watching them with their spears/sticks hunting for "animals" in the "forest" and crouching together inside their abodes. *smile*

And who said weeds were "good for nothin'"?

Not my boys, obviously!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and read each and every one... thank you!