Friday, June 11, 2010

Blossoming

I'm 27 weeks along...
6 months pregnant.

Almost to the day of beginning my third trimester it seems my body has changed.

I'm experiencing more discomfort.

My belly feels tight as the skin continues to stretch.

I need to stay focused on the joy this pregnancy has brought.

I need to continue to stay healthy and exercise to keep my mind clear.

I need to remember to be in a state of gratitude for these moments. These last three months will be difficult I know but I don't want to dwell on it. Instead I want to revel in the beauty of life within... the feeling of movement as baby stretches and rolls about.

I am so pleased to be spending these last 3 months during these lighter days of summer. Though the sunshine will be hot, I am so thankful for the light. Winter can be so dreary here and I am glad to be able to get outdoors now in the early morning freshness for my walks and to enjoy outdoor activities during the day... even if it is just in the shade.

* * * * * *

The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy, amidst the simple beauty of nature.

~Anne Frank

Painted Daisy unfurls itself within my garden.

7 comments:

  1. How wonderful - I loved being pregnant. Probably one of the reasons we have six children. Glad you are enjoying these moments, they pass too quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wonderful to hear how you are feeling. Any sharing on what you found out in the ultrasound? I'm sure your little one is moving around quite a bit, have your boys been able to feel that? That is one of my husband and my favorite moments. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 more months to enjoy :) I got a little thrill reading the part you mentioned feeling baby streching and moving around. I can't wait to meet this little, much prayed for child!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely quote Katrina. I pray that these last few months will be filled with the peace of His presence. I think your grateful heart will go a long way to bringing that peace :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey,
    It's something we rarely talk about eh? You're pregnancy.
    I wonder why that is???


    Anyway, glad you are able to keep things in perspective. I encourage you to take it slow and enjoy each moment of this summer. After baby come...comes busy-ness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your thoughts, Ladies!

    Katrina- I have decided not to announce the sex of the baby on my blog until the birth as there are family members who read my blogs but do not want to know until after the baby is born. I have not been able to have the boys feel the baby yet as they are usually in bed already when the baby starts getting really active... like right now... lots of kicking as I type... so precious. I love having my hubby feel it though and the baby hasn't disappointed! :)

    Tracy- I guess we haven't talked about my pregnancy much because I had been feeling so incredibly good. It's not on my mind much when we are together because there's SO MUCH more to talk about, eh? We never seem to have enough time! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how I would love to come over and visit with you in your yard. I can just imagine all of the beautiful flowers...

    It's so wonderful to hear that the pregnancy is going well. God is so good. Treasure these days, my friend.
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and read each and every one... thank you!