Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Giving Thanks Always

Like I said a couple of posts ago, I've been thinking a lot about gratitude and feeling like I need to start a "1000 gift list". I read about this first at http://holyexperience.blogspot.com/ . I have been following Ann Voskamp's blog for the past 6 months and have really felt the need to take up her challenge of starting a gift list of all the things I am thankful for.


So here I go... tentatively stepping out into cultivating a heart of gratitude. Sewing seeds of humble thanks into the soil of my heart in the hopes of producing soul-knowledge of a wealth of abundant blessing so great that my well spring will overflow with thankfulness to my Lord for all He has done for me.


Noticing, acknowledging and thanking Him for the large and small beautiful (and maybe not so beautiful) moments in my life, as gifts that he has lovingly bestowed upon me, can only mean a life of abundant joy... the sort of life that Jesus wants me to have. Not because all is perfect but because He is perfect and has a perfect plan for my life. And He is in control.


I need to do this... "singing and making melody in my heart to the Lord; GIVING THANKS ALWAYS unto God and the Father in the name of out Lord Jesus Christ;" Ephesians 5:19b-20.





  1. His eyes searching for me at the pool and lighting up when met with mine. Yes, I'm his mommy and he knows it.


  2. A morning cuddle with my 6 yr. old son. Almost too big to sit on my lap... but not quite.


  3. The intoxicating scent of lilac blossoms brought to me in little fists this morning... "These are for you mom!"

  4. Mercies new every morning. (Psalm 90:14 and 108:4)


  5. Dots on his nose... some may see it as sUn damage but I see it as sOn perfection.


6.The unexpected beauty of seeing things from a different angle.

Even a dandelion gone to seed is something to be admired.

"Thank you, Lord."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and read each and every one... thank you!