Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Poetry... to me...


What is poetry?

Seeing your child dancing in drifts
of winter white and joining him
Laying side by side, together,
on the floor, doing puzzles

Laughing, heads thrown back
in absolute surrender with joy
Sobbing, heads together,
arms around close, with sorrow

Moments strung together
along this thread called life
Relationships in happy chaos,
aching beauty, ...pain

This is poetry...
Being one with each other.
Us, united,
in this glorious wonder.

4 comments:

  1. Katrina! I did not know you were back! And I just read your good news! congratulations, my friend. I will add my prayers to yours. Have you been over to High Calling Blogs? You know, we just reopened the community for membership again! That would be the perfect place for you:) In addition to here, of course:) I remember how you love Randam Acts of Poetry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Katrina,
    This is real good! You were born to blog...glad to see you pick it up again.
    I have begun to post my completed scrapbook pages on my .......all the days of my life.....blog so you can take a look and see if you can spot any mistakes. Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katrina! Your blog is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and read each and every one... thank you!