Wednesday, July 28, 2010

For My Sister...

The moment a child is born,
the mother is also born.
She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never.
A mother is something absolutely new.

~Rajneesh

A mother's arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them. ~Victor Hugo

Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm

Parents have the glorious opportunity of being the most powerful influence, above and beyond any other, on the new lives that bless their homes. ~ L. Tom Perry

We can see that the baby is as much an instrument of nourishment for us as we are for him. ~ Polly Berrien Berends


Photo: A rest in the blueberry patch. My sister, Racheal, and her newborn son.
*****
I hope you like the picture, Racheal! Feel free to use it if you want. I think it's beautiful.

7 comments:

  1. The picture is perfect... and I love the first quote it is so true! Have a wonderful day and thank you so much for sharing :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute baby! He already has a few rolls.
    Congratulations Recheal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful picture...and baby of course!
    Where do you get all those lovely quotes? Do you have a book or do you google them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all! She really is lovely, isn't she?

    Tracy- I usually get all my quotes from the "quote garden". Just google it... it's so handy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, what a cute little one. It must make you so anxious to hold your little one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Katrina. And the pics in the previous post...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and read each and every one... thank you!