Saturday, October 11, 2008

I've come to realize...

...the challenge I gave myself for this month is just too challenging. Not that don't have a hundred things to be thankful for each and every day but that it is just to much to have to list them. I find myself already getting behind and I am only on day 11 and instead of fighting it I am just gonna let it go.

Maybe some of you have already looked at my challenge and thought "she's crazy, doesn't she realize how many items she will have to list?"

Truth is I didn't do the math until this morning and I must say it was the deciding factor on whether I would give this up or not. Here is the math: 1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+10+11+12+13+14+15+16+17+18+19+20+21+22+23
+24+25+26 +27+28 +29+30+31 =496!

That's a lot of blessings to write out!

And so I give myself a new challenge... to think of one particular gift each day for which I have stopped and consciously thanked the Lord. This will give me a bit more of a chance to blog about other things... or not. Although this is not necessarily challenging because we are so blessed, I still want to focus each day of this month on giving thanks to the One who so lavishly bestows upon us.

I love this prayer that Ann quotes at Holy Experience today. This pretty much says it all... may it be the prayer of my heart as well.

Day 10 (because I didn't blog yesterday)

As I was driving my niece home yesterday evening I had the chance to watch the sun setting in all it's glory, a huge yellow ball hovering over the horizon, then slowly sinking until only the last streaks of pale pink remained... a cool, crisp autumn dusk. I marveled at the beauty of His creation and how every day is different and thanked Him for reminding me again that He is in control of all things and that He loves to show us a glimpse of His beauty and power through the wonders of His creation. I wish I had had my camera... a truly special moment in my day.

Day 11

Icy sparkling snow greeted me as I opened the curtains this morning and I gazed at the quiet stillness of it. I thanked the Lord that, even though I don't feel like I am ready for winter to set in, I still could appreciate the beauty of a blanket of white outside my window. As I am typing this the sun shines and the snow is gone... the day is slowly warming up.

May warm, sunny Autumn stick around just a little bit longer... please! :)

How's the weather where you are?








2 comments:

  1. I am really thinking about closing myspace and just getting a blog... might make things more simple, that is what I am trying for these days... simplicity. Snow already hey!? We are having sunny, windy fall days! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi katrina ,
    I found your blog, it is beautiful. Looking forward to keeping up with your life this way! love mom

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and read each and every one... thank you!